Understand the benefits of both UniCarriers and Komatsu forklifts and how each can benefit you.
Mid Atlantic Industrial Equipment proudly distributes both UniCarriers and Komatsu forklifts to the Mid Atlantic region. We often receive questions from clients regarding the differences between UniCarriers and Komatsu forklifts. Below is a brief overview of each company and the best uses for each forklift option.
Komatsu is a Japanese manufacturer of mining, military and construction equipment that was founded in 1921. Komatsu America Corp. was introduced in the United States with North American operations starting in 1970. Komatsu has many product divisions including Komatsu Forklifts U.S.A.
- IC Cushion and Pneumatic Forklifts: Komatsu’s IC forklifts are counterbalance forklifts that are available with cushion or pneumatic tires. Both of the IC forklifts are agile and maneuverable for use indoors, or outdoor applications. The IC Cushion forklifts has a lift capacity ranging from 4,000-6,500 pounds whereas the IC Pneumatic has a larger variety of product series to choose from for capacity rating requirements.
- Electric Riders and Narrow Aisle: Komatsu Forklift series include three electric riders in the line-up with cushion and pneumatic tire options. Komatsu’s electric riders have a capacity rating between 3,000-6,500 pounds. The FR50 series narrow aisle reach truck offers AC drive and hydraulic controls with a rating capacity between 3,000-4,500 pounds.
- Standard warranty: Komatsu offers their Customer Advantage Plan Warranty. The warranty includes 24 months (or 3,000 hours) of standard warranty coverage, 60 months (or 6,000 hours) of drive train coverage and 60 months (or 10,000 hours) of coverage on wet disc brake systems.
- KOMTRAX: Komatsu’s KOMTRAX system comes standard on the FH series hydrostatic forklift. With KOMTRAX, users can remotely check the systems of their forklifts.
- Best for: warehouses, construction sites, shipping and receiving jobs, forestry work and agricultural work.
UniCarrier’s history extends back to 1914. The company initially started when three companies: Barrett Industries, TCM and Nissan Forklift combined to make UniCarriers what it is today. In 2015, through a series of acquisitions and consolidations, with Barrett Industries, TCM and Nissan Forklift, all equipment is exclusively marketed as the brand UniCarriers.
- Platinum II: The Platinum II is an internal combustion powered forklift designed for high-cycle manufacturing, warehouse or other indoor applications. It has a lift capacity rated 3,000-8,000 pounds and is available with cushion or pneumatic tires. The Platinum II series fuel management systems optimizes engine operation and is available in LP, Gas, or both.
- GO4 and GO6: UniCarriers GO4 and GO6 are both internal combustion, heavy-duty forklifts with pneumatic tires designed for outdoor use. The GO4 has a lift capacity rated 8,000-10,000 pounds, and the GO6 has a lift capacity of 15,000-17,500 pounds. Both are built to be used tough applications like lumberyards, construction, recycling or other heavy manufacturing operations.
- Electric Series: UniCarriers has several electric-powered material handling equipment including the electric rider lift truck, electric pallet lift truck, tow tractor, walkie stackers and electric reach trucks in their equipment line-up. All are powered by electricity and designed for indoor warehouse use with varying reach and carrying capacities.
- Professional training: UniCarriers and Mid Atlantic Industrial offer operator training. We both provide a detailed curriculum for the forklift operator training program to comply with OSHA standards.
- Standard warranty: UniCarriers backs their forklifts with a 2-year, unlimited hours warranty on every class I, IV and V forklift hey manufacture.
- Best for: Includes most applications including outdoor, high-cycle manufacturing, warehouses and other indoor use.